About Thinks

Sometimes good thinks happen and sometimes bad thinks happen. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between the two.

Some thinks need immediate action and some thinks may remain as thinks forever. Thinks can be angry and heated. Thinks can be joyful. Thinks should never be cold.

These thinks are linked to many other wonderful thinks and I like to attribute these.

These thinks do not necessary reflect those thinks of my employer.

Think long, think on.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 2: Bar Camp

Today the children turned up to school with supplies and resources that they could teach each other with. One student brought photos of her Dad's carvings and is planning a hands-on workshop for next week (eeek sharp tools!). Another brought in a very flash looking guitar. We had tools, crafts, beads and all sorts of special treasures from home.

Unfortunately we also had swimming today - do you think any remembered their togs? ooops!

After the sessions we had reflective breaks. The children talked about how they were inspired by each other and how they felt supported in their learning.

I had decided not to introduce the 'vote with your feet' rule as I was trying to avoid crushing their self esteem.  However they started shopping around the workshops naturally and noone got offended.

Check out the vid :)

yeah yeah I know, I need new music...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work guys. I sometimes have trouble changing tyres, so it's good to know there are some experts out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed this to my class and when the video finished they clapped! Then they asked if we could do it too ... Love that the kids were able to take control and do the teaching. And I'm with Mark - i'd be in the tyre changing workshop!

    ReplyDelete