About Thinks

Sometimes good thinks happen and sometimes bad thinks happen. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between the two.

Some thinks need immediate action and some thinks may remain as thinks forever. Thinks can be angry and heated. Thinks can be joyful. Thinks should never be cold.

These thinks are linked to many other wonderful thinks and I like to attribute these.

These thinks do not necessary reflect those thinks of my employer.

Think long, think on.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In spirit of Valentines Day - 6 of the best

Very often I will blog, say or tweet that I Love the great work that people do for education. In the spirit of Valentines Day here are my top 6!

NUMBER 6:
Conrad Wolfram:

For opening my eyes around maths education. I especially LOVE his observations around our heavily weighted calculation-based curriculum.











NUMBER 5
Ken Robinson:
For a brilliant explanation on the need for a paradigm shift in education. I especially LOVE what he has to say about fixing our programs before we anesthetise our kids.



NUMBER 4
Elwyn Richardson:
A pioneer who has been fighting the good fight for years. I especially LOVE the things he has to say about purposeful authentic learning in this book


NUMBER 3
Ewan Mcintosh:
For the good things he has to say about education and sharing in this Ed Talk.


I especially LOVE the things he has to say about Problem Finding Vs Problem thinking.



NUMBER 2
Helen May:

Wonderful woman who inspired me to teach. I especially LOVE her for her latest book and insights in relation to National Standards. Check this out!


NUMBER 1
Sugata Mitra:
Most famous for his hole in the wall studies. I especially LOVE the way he cares about children in remote areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment