Tara's Top Ten from Ignition 2012
1. The food and the staff that worked tirelessly in the kitchen. They cleaned our plates and cups. They kept our caffeine levels up. They engaged in friendly meaningful conversations. Truly Awesome!
2. Sharee and Sharon's day two activities (world cafe and speed dating) What a fantastic way to start the day. We're definitely taking that back to school! Bravo!
3. The 'three things' introductions - an efficient way to get to know a large group of people! Clever!
4. Billy from Pakuranga High Schools iphone App session. App development need not be specialized unachievable and complicated. We CAN do it! - Inspirational!
5. Vodafone for minimally invasive sponsorship. We couldn't have come without you. - Legends!
6. Watching my friend and colleague Lisa pull out an ignition talk with very short notice where she spoke from her heart and made us all so proud - Sensational!
7. Lightbulb moment #1 via Chris Clay - Why don't we measure achievement by ones contribution to the community (whether that be a school, a teacher or a student). Brilliant!
8. Lightbulb moment #2 via Mark Osborne - Excellence is finite so why not strive for 10% better and then move on to the next 10%. It's infinite, but achievable. Say waaaaa?
9. Being there with so many people from our school. These guys are sensational and we are preparing ignite talks to present to our BOT - THIS THURSDAY! Now that's commitment!
10. And last, but certainly not least, TeacherNZ's augmented reality session where he pulled out this wee gem. I physically felt brain cells growing while endless possibilities screamed through my head. - GENIUS
Albany Senior High - if achievement is measured by contribution to the community - I think you might be on to something... Aspirational!