About Thinks

Sometimes good thinks happen and sometimes bad thinks happen. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between the two.

Some thinks need immediate action and some thinks may remain as thinks forever. Thinks can be angry and heated. Thinks can be joyful. Thinks should never be cold.

These thinks are linked to many other wonderful thinks and I like to attribute these.

These thinks do not necessary reflect those thinks of my employer.

Think long, think on.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Discussing Democracy with Deetz

Yesterday I stepped back 15 years to re-explore Bauman.  This has led me to another defining moment of the time - Stanley Deetz and his ideas around democracy.  In his book Democracy in an age of Corporate Colonization Deetz exposes how corporate domination is embedded into our everyday decision making.

Organisational theories such as these are becoming increasingly relevant to all who are involved with education as we travel down the corporatized road. In this post I'm not going to tell you what to think as my ideas are as much effected by corporate colonisation as anyone.  Please watch this 5 minute video from the man himself.

I just love the cereal box idea.  How else can we ensure that the less dominant corporate narratives can be accessed by students in our schools?

No comments:

Post a Comment