About Thinks

Sometimes good thinks happen and sometimes bad thinks happen. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between the two.

Some thinks need immediate action and some thinks may remain as thinks forever. Thinks can be angry and heated. Thinks can be joyful. Thinks should never be cold.

These thinks are linked to many other wonderful thinks and I like to attribute these.

These thinks do not necessary reflect those thinks of my employer.

Think long, think on.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Has anyone seen my soul?

It's been a long time since I posted. It could very well be traced back to when I entered the world of senior management.  
I thought it was because I had finally grown up. That I had got professional even.
Was it because I thought people were getting tired of my anti national standards and anti pact rants?
Is because I am tired? 
Really tired. 
I've been kidding myself for the past 3 years that it's easier to shut up and put my head down.
However a terrible thing has happened I think. My educational soul has been slowly boiled. Like a slowly cooked frog.

Several things have happened in the past week that has alerted me to the temperature of the water that I am submerged in. I think it must be getting pretty close to my educational death.
It's getting hot in here.
1. Welly educamp. Stunning bunch of educators who are kicking my arse. Thank goodness for them
2. Having dinner with Karyn Gray and Urs Cunningham. Karyn just wrote this 
3. Actually reading this (I have for some reason stopped reading these networkonnet)
4. Starting a post grad online course at Waikato and being genuinely disappointed with the lack of depth and critical literacy 
5. Realising that linking handwriting continues to be subjected onto our children (you know why linking used to be an important skill? Because it was the best way to get the most out of the inkwells?!)
6. Looking at how wonderful and innovative my syndicate looked one afternoon, as the students prepared huts for an overnight stay, exhausted by the bureaucracy to get us there. How did we get to the point where authentic learning had to be so difficult?
7. Discovering that while at my school sleepover a 3 year old blogpost of mine was being shared and celebrated. http://ow.ly/JUcht 
When I read it today (yes three days later - gone are the days where my desire to find out what was being said about me had to be instantly fulfilled) I could barely recognise my former self. She was so passionate, enthusiastic and awesome. What has happened to her?
I think that she has been fucked over by the very thing she was warning others about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment